The Institute of Mechanics, Materials, and Civil Engineering (iMMC) at the Louvain School of Engineering (EPL) of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) is a leading international center for research in engineering.
Its core strengths span several of the major engineering disciplines, and are grouped into five inter-related topics:
- energy, thermodynamics, and chemical engineering
- mechatronics and biomechanics
- processing, materials, assembly, and structures
- fluid mechanics, environmental engineering, and geomechanics
- numerical and computational methods